In the past one year, Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration has embarked on several infrastructure projects which target the economy of Oyo State. The Oyo State Government is using an innovative approach, the Alternative Project Funding Approach (APFA) to fund some of these projects. With APFA, projects are funded and executed by the contractors and the state government pays back over a period of time, usually 12 months. (Infrastructure projects completed for one year in office are outlined here.
Below is a list of infrastructure projects both completed and ongoing embarked on by Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration in the past one year.
Construction of Major Road Infrastructure:
- Reconstruction of the 65km Moniya-Ijaye-Iseyin Road
- Reconstruction of the 45.3km Saki-Ogbooro-Igboho Road (ongoing)
- Reconstruction of the 21km Airport-Ajia-New Ife Express Road with a spur to Amuloko (ongoing)
- Dualisation of the 12.5km Challenge-Odo Ona Elewe-Apata Road (ongoing)
- Reconstruction of the 12km Apete-Awotan-Akufo Road (ongoing)
- Dualisation of the 9.7km Saki Township Road (ongoing)
- Dualisation of the 7.3km Agodi Gate-Old Ife-Adegbayi Junction with a spur to Alakia Airport, Ibadan (3.3km) (ongoing)
- Dualisation of the 7.2-kilometre Idi Ape-Basorun-Akobo-Odogbo Barracks Road (ongoing)
- Reconstruction of the 5.2km Gedu-Oroki-Sabo-Asipa Road (ongoing)
- Reconstruction of the 3km Under G-Stadium-LAUTECH 2nd Gate Road
- Construction of General Gas Flyover (ongoing)
- Junction improvement works and traffic management system installation at Challenge and Felele Junctions
Construction of Bus Terminals in Ibadan:
Construction of Bike Terminal, Agodi Gate
- Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba (ongoing)
- Construction of Mini Stadium Igbo-Ora, Ibarapa (ongoing)
- Reconstruction of Olubadan Mini Stadium, Ibadan (ongoing)
- Upgrade of Durbar Stadium, Oyo (ongoing)
- Upgrade of Soun Stadium, Ogbomoso (ongoing)
- Upgrade of Saki Township Stadium (ongoing)
- Remodelling of Ebedi Township Stadium, Iseyin (ongoing)
Other infrastructure projects include:
Light Up Oyo Phase 2 (ongoing)
Off-grid rural electrification
IPP for State Secretariat and environs
Rehabilitation and upgrade of Awotan Dumpsite
Construction of ICT Hub, Mokola (ongoing)
Construction of Bodija Recreation Centre (ongoing)
Construction of Eleyele Filling Station and shops (ongoing)
Construction of Slaughterhouse, Isale General, Oja Waso, Ogbomoso
Construction of Pacesetter Industrial Park Pilot Scheme (ongoing)
Reconstruction and upgrade of Akesan Market, Oyo (ongoing)
Construction of Housing Units:
- Ajoda New Town Estate, Ibadan (ongoing). 360 units of low cost houses.
- Bodija Premium Housing Estate, Bodija, Ibadan (ongoing). 45 housing units.
- Pacesetter Wood Estates, Bodija, Ibadan (ongoing). 11 units of premium 5-bedroom terrace houses.
- Pacesetter Project Scope Estates, Bodija, Ibadan (ongoing). 45 units of premium 5-bedroom townhouses.
- Housing development at Trans Motel, Jericho, Ibadan (ongoing). 114 apartments.
- Quarter 18A and 18B, Onireke, Ibadan (ongoing). Residential apartments.
- Kommi Prime Estate, Bodija, Ibadan (ongoing)
- Rayfield Gardens at ARCEDEM, Wofun, Ibadan (ongoing). Residential apartments.
- Owode Estate Project, Apata, Ibadan (ongoing). 300 apartments.
- Ojongbodu Estate Project, Oyo (ongoing). 100 affordable apartments.
- Bode Thomas Housing Estate, Oyo (ongoing). Residential apartments.
- Ajilete Housing Estate, Ogbomoso (ongoing).