Skip to content

Governor Seyi Makinde: One Year in Office -Education Part 2 (CGS Projects)

In keeping with his promise to continue all viable programmes uncompleted by his predecessors, Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration has completed several outstanding projects which they inherited, and commenced projects of their own in the basic education sector.

The Conditional Grants Scheme is a programme in which State and Local Governments can access funds annually from the Federal Government’s share of the Debt Relief Gains of 2005. The money granted under this scheme is used to execute projects in line with the objectives of the transformed Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) now Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

The projects below were awarded by the previous admin in April 2019. The contractors were mobilised with 25% of the contract sum in May 2019 to commence the projects. Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration paid the remaining 75% of the contract sum, executed and supervised the projects.

Projects Summary

Construction of Classrooms – 11 awarded, 10 completed and 1 not executed.

Renovation of Classrooms – 58 awarded, 56 completed and 2 ongoing.

Construction of VIP Toilet – 13 awarded, 12 completed and 1 ongoing.

Construction of Foodshed and Landscaping – 13 awarded and 13 completed.

Construction of Perimeter Fencing with Security Gate – 13 awarded, 9 completed and 4 ongoing.

Installation of Solar Boreholes – 13 awarded and 13 completed.

Supply of School Furniture – 254 X 13 awarded, 12 completed and 1 ongoing

Supply and Installation Solar Inverter System 13 awarded, 10 completed, 1 ongoing and 2 not executed.

Projects Analysis in Cards

Slide1 1
Slide2 1
Slide3 1
Slide4 1
Slide5 1
Slide6 1
Slide7 1
Slide8 1
Slide9 2
Slide10 1
Slide11 1
Slide12 1

1 thought on “Governor Seyi Makinde: One Year in Office -Education Part 2 (CGS Projects)”

Leave a Reply