The Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba, Ibadan was flagged off by Governor Seyi Makinde on August 13, 2021. The first phase of the remodelling was scheduled to be completed in 12 months. The sports complex was unveiled by His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President of Nigeria on September 1, 2021.
The first phase of the Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba, Ibadan includes the following facilities:
- Installation of a standard grass pitch.
- Upgrade of track to Olympic standard tartan track.
- Installation of a training pitch in order to get FIFA certification of the sports complex for international matches.
- Installation of seats which increased the main bowl’s capacity from 8,000 to 10,000.
- Provision of a VIP lounge.
- Provision of a state-of-the-art studio and panel room with automated gadgets which control the new electronic scoreboards, the newly installed floodlights and CCTV cameras.
- Installation of video assistant referee (VAR) facilities and pitch-side monitors.
- Four new separate changing rooms with wet areas for each one.
- Provision of match officials’ arena.
- Provision of a mixed zone area for players and officials.
- Provision of a youth centre.
- Provision of a press arena.
- Provision of a medical arena.
Below is a slideshow of pictures of the Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba, Ibadan.