The app is one of the features of the expanded Security Control Room and City Watch facilities at the Oyo State Security Trust Fund Headquarters, Onireke, Jericho, Ibadan.
The crime alert platform built into the Oyo State website will enable citizens of Oyo State to log in, free of charge, and alert operatives of crimes during an emergency.
How to use the Oyo State Crime Alert App
Below are detailed instructions of how to register:
- Visit the Google Play Store or the Oyo State Government website on your android mobile device and click download to download the app into your phone. On the website, the download button is available as a floating button as shown in Picture 1 below. Picture 2 shows the play store icon.
- Once downloaded, open the app. You are now ready to set up the application.
- You will be prompted to register by entering your personal information, as shown.
- You will again be prompted to enter more personal details including your blood type, blood group, home and office address. Enter these, save and continue.
- Next, you will be prompted to upload your profile picture and grant the app permission/access to take pictures and record videos. Save and Continue
- Enter your emergency contact details and click on save and continue.
- Enter your family’s information and click on save and continue
- Enter information about medical condition and allergies. Click on save and continue and your app is set up.
Video Streaming is enabled by default on the app. PLEASE DO NOT TEST THE APP. The crime alert red button gives you the option of which crime you wish to alert the authorities about. In case of emergency, select the relevant crime and click the red button. Please only use this crime alert button in an emergency. Misuse of this service may lead to prosecution by the Oyo State Government.