In the news this week
- Former Governor, Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala laid to rest in Ogbomoso.
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves the appointment of Otunba Lekan Balogun as the 42nd Olubadan of Ibadanland.
- Oyo State Government commences consultations on the Oyo State 20-year development plan with critical stakeholders in all zones of the state.
More in the news for February 14-18, 2022
Governor Seyi Makinde approved the appointment of Otunba Lekan Balogun as the 42nd Olubadan of Ibadanland. This was based on the recommendation of the Olubadan-in-Council and in line with Olubadan of Ibadan Chieftaincy Declaration. He wished the newly confirmed monarch a successful reign. (February 14, 2022)
Governor Seyi Makinde revoked amendments to the Olubadan of Ibadan Chieftaincy Declaration. These are:
1. The Amended Declaration Regulating the Selection to the Olubadan Chieftaincy Stool (August 2017);
2. The Implementation of the White Paper on the Review of the Existing Olubadan of Ibadan Chieftaincy Declaration and other Chieftaincies in Ibadan (August 2017);
3. The Approval of Appointment of Beaded Crowns for the Olubadan in Council (March 2018);
4. The Appointment of Beaded Crowns and Coronet Wearing (March 2018).
Oyo State Development Plan
The Oyo State Government commenced consultations on the state’s 20-year development plan with critical stakeholders at a forum held at Saki, Oke-Ogun zone. The Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Prof Musibau Babatunde, unveiled “The Oyo State Development Plan (Agenda 2040)” and “The Medium-Term Development Plan (2021 – 2025)”. Prof Babatunde disclosed that consultations were being held in all zones of the state to educate the people on the plans and get their input. (February 15, 2022)
The Oyo State Government paid respects at the lying-in-state of former Governor, Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala. The Deputy Governor, Engr Rauf Olaniyan, who represented the Oyo State Government at the event, lauded the immense contributions of the late former Governor to the development of Oyo State and pledged Oyo State’s continuous support for the family he left behind. (February 16, 2022)
The Oyo State Government inaugurated a Joint Revenue Committee to oversee the smooth running of revenue collection in the state. During the ceremony, the Executive Chairman of Oyo State Internal Revenue Service, Mr Adebowale Olufemi Awakan, explained that the committee was set up to ensure that the State Revenue Service and the Local Government are in agreement when it comes to revenue collection. Mr Awakan also said the committee would eliminate multiple taxations and any undue pressure citizens might face when paying taxes and other levies. (February 16, 2022)
Former Governor, Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala has been laid to rest at his home in Ogbomoso after a funeral service was held at Beulah Baptist Conference Ground, Ogbomoso. The burial was attended by representatives of the Oyo State Government led by Governor Seyi Makinde. At the funeral service, Governor Makinde stated that Otunba Alao-Akala loved his people and did his best when he served Oyo State in the highest capacity. (February 18, 2022)
Read past editions of the FeedbackOYSG Newsletter